Turn Off The Software
To check if SecureAnywhere has caused the issue you have encountered, try turning off the software, and after that, check again if the issue still persists.
- Tap the cursor on the Webroot system tray icon. It’s typically found near the clock display.
- In this context menu that appears, tap “ Shut down protection.”
- In case you get prompted to confirm if you want to turn off Webroot, Tap “Yes.” If you find more prompts, fill the CAPTCHA window and tap Enter.
- Try to repeat the issue you encountered.
In case you are unable to find the option to turn off Webroot in the system tray, launch your Webroot program and go to Advanced Settings Install Settings. Make Sure that the box marked as “Allow SecureAnywhere to be turn off manually” is verified. In case nothing happens like that. Verify it, and tap Save, then click Cancel or tap the cursor over the X in the top right portion. After Turning On that option, repeating the above four steps.
After executing this procedure, you can again launch the Webroot SecureAnywhere. To start Webroot manually:
1. Tap the cursor on the Start button or Windows icon.
2. In Programs or All programs, go to Webroot SecureAnywhere.
3. In the Webroot SecureAnywhere directory, tap the cursor on Webroot SecureAnywhere. The SecureAnywhere program opens.
Examine the Components
In case a program on your computer isn’t fully functional, make sure SecureAnywhere isn’t blocking one or more of its components.
Inspect whether the program has been quarantined or not
In case you have encountered an item in the Quarantine, and you think it has any relation to your PC’s issue. Please reach out to customer support by raising a ticket. Make sure your query includes the filename and a description of the issue you are observing.
Follow these easy steps to manage a quarantined item:
- From the system tray, double-tap the Webroot icon.
- Tap the cursor on the PC Security gear icon.
- Then, Tap the Quarantine tab.
- In case the system has encountered a threat that has not quarantined till now, the quarantine panel shows in red.
- In case the threat has been quarantined, the Quarantine panel displays in green, with the threat listed.
- You can leave the item in quarantine, or you can delete or restore it:
- To erase the item in a permanent manner, select the item and tap the cursor on the Delete Permanently button. Be aware that after deleting it, you won’t be able to restore it in the future.
- To put the item back to its original position, select the item and tap on the restore button. If it gets restored, SecureAnywhere no longer detects this item during any scans. In case you want a detection of the item again in the future, you can change its detection rules.
(Tip: Ensure that you are restoring the items for which you have the confirmation, are safe and essential for your PC.)
Inspect whether the program has been blocked in Control Active Processes.
In case you change the status of an item in Control Active Processes, and your issue gets resolved, please keep in mind that it is not difficult enough to consider as an issue. There’s no need to report this error to customer support.
You can follow the various steps to control an active process:
- From the Desktop, tap the cursor over the Webroot icon.
- Tap the Utilities gear icon.
- Choose the System Control tab.
- Check near the Control Active Processes, tap the Start button.
(You will be redirected to a new panel showing the list of all active processes on your system.)
- For each process, choose one of these radio buttons:
- Allow- the process has the allowance to run on your device.
- Monitor – Webroot SecureAnywhere will observe the process and gives an alert whenever anything suspicious happens. All the monitored process appears at the top of the list.
- Block- It indicates that the process is experiencing a blockage to its run on your system. Do not use this block button until you have a confirmation that the process is non-essential.
- Do any one of these two:
- To show more information related to a specific process, tap on the process name, tap the More Info option, and then choose the Details tab.
- To terminate all unreliable processes, tap the Stop Untrusted Processes option.
(Tip: Ensure that you only allow the items you have confirmation are safe and essential for your PC.)
Inspect whether the firewall is blocking the program, which may be blocked.
It is also not very difficult to consider as an issue. You can resolve it by just changing the status of an item.
Here are the detailed instructions to inspect whether the firewall is blocking any program or not:
- From the main taskbar, tap the cursor over the Webroot icon.
The main user interface appears like this.
- Tap on the PC Security gear icon.
- The Scan Shields panel displays.
- Tap the cursor on the View Active Connections option.
The Active Connections window shows some processes with active connections available now to the web.
- Choose a radio button to execute any of these two:
- To allow or block a process.
- To allow or close a port.
- At last, tap on the Close option.
Reach Out Webroot Support
In case of the problem you have encountered due to the disability of Webroot, we request you to raise a support ticket. Ensure that all errors are available in the message you got in the pop-up and details of the instructions you used to resolve the issue.
Source :- Webroot SecureAnywhere Troubleshoot issues on your PC