The sleep habits of people play a crucial role in the occurrence of traffic accidents. Around 7- 9 hours of peaceful rest is essential for drivers for safe driving. Drivers who sleep less and drive continuously for long hours commit more accidents.
As per a recent survey, lorry drivers and cab drivers mostly suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness, obstructive sleep apnea, and sleep debt. They often have to drive the entire night and stick to strict guidelines. They don’t pay enough attention to concentration levels and fatigue and are in a hurry to finish their duty. Without realizing the importance of complete sleep, they risk their lives and endanger the lives of others.
Certain warning signs can make a vehicle driver understand that they are not fit enough for driving
- If they experience difficulty in keeping their eyes open while driving.
- Constantly drift away from lanes
- Don’t remember the last few miles driven.
Drivers should put aside 8 hours of sleep every day in order to remain mentally alert, fresh and rejuvenated. They must fix the time for going to bed and waking up on all days of the week. Regular exercise and avoiding the use of caffeine and alcohol before retiring to bed will promote healthy slumber. And lastly, drivers suffering from any form of a sleep disorder should consult a sleep expert.
Some useful tips for drivers to avoid accidents
- Drive vehicles only in conditions when they would normally be awake.
- Avoid fatty meals or foods that promote drowsiness.
- Schedule a break after every 100 miles or 2 hours.
- Avoid medications that induce sleep.
- If possible, travel with a partner who remains alert.
Vehicle drivers who get asleep or suffer from any form of sleep disorder can improve their quality and the amount of their slumber with the prescribed dose of Nitrazepam sleeping pills. These pills offer relaxation to the brain and the central nervous system and induce sleep among the users. There are numerous online medical stores that are offering Nitrazepam for sale UK at discounted prices.